Re: Page rank and URL's

__/ [ Darren Tipton ] on Friday 05 May 2006 15:41 \__

> Hi All,
>
> I know this is difficult to answer, but from experience. If I've got 2
> URL's say of the format.
>
> http://www.domain.com/how-to-make-bread/
> and
> http://www.domain.com/hot-to-make-bread.php
>
> Which of the two is more likely to get linked and/or gain the better page
> rank?
>
> I presume URL 1 is less likely to get incorrectly linked due to people
> forgetting to put in the .php etc. But is there any tenendency to rank one
> of them better than the other?
>
> Cheers
> Darren

I suspect that the latter has an extra word, which will not only be indexed
as a filetype. Different search engines may treat this differently and
choose to omit known extensions. Whether someone experimented with this, I
don't know...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  3:45pm  up 7 days 22:42,  12 users,  load average: 0.11, 0.10, 0.18