Re: Page rank and URL's

On Fri, 05 May 2006 18:05:58 +0200, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

First one can be treated as subdirectory and in some circumstances Google calculates subdirectory PR as upper directory PR minus 1.

If true, this indicates that many CMS packages are flawed (or non-optimal) from an (Google-centric) SEO perspective...

Can you point to something which backs this? If there is a reference I can
show, perhaps we can change the way WordPress handles URL's (permalinks) in Apache's .htaccess.

Will be not easy, as I don't recall where I have seen it, but I have seen it more then once, and I am not sure if it was not confirmed by SEODave in some discussion here. But I may be completely wrong (as to the Dave, not to the fact that I have seen this information somwhere).

Best,
Borek
--
http://www.chembuddy.com