Re: [News] 11 Reasons Why .NET Will Fail

__/ [ John A. Bailo ] on Friday 05 May 2006 19:28 \__

> __/ [ Erik Funkenbusch ] on Friday 05 May 2006 18:45 \__
>
> > On Fri, 05 May 2006 15:45:04 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> >
> >> See today's article, which percolated to many Web sites over the
> >> morning...
> >>
> >> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/05/04/wcit_open_source/
> >
> > Uhh.. Java isn't open source.  What does that have to do with Java
> > adoption?

*coughs* did you read the entire (relatively short) post before replying at
all? (see below)

> >> And _yes_, Open Source is an implication of interoperability. .NET is
> >> about locking code in a closed-source fashion.
> >
> > No it's not.  .NET is an ISO standard, Java is not.  You're going to sit
> > there and pretend that now tha a proprietary standard is better than an
> > international
>
> Exactly.
>
> Novell can build mono to the ISO spec and include it with its Suse distro.
>
> I don't see it putting the same effort into /java/

Bailo, ever been diagnosed with the following?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_personality_disorder

                        (no offence intended)

This is not the first time that you change balance of opinions like a seesaw.
Several months ago you were raving about convincing your boss to drop
Microsoft in favour of Eclipse. It makes you seem like an opportunist in
this argument.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Falsity implies anything
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU is Not UNIX  ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  7:35pm  up 8 days  2:32,  12 users,  load average: 1.00, 1.05, 1.04