Re: Yahoo

__/ [ Geoff ] on Tuesday 09 May 2006 21:51 \__

> I have not looked at yahoo for a while but I wonder if they have been
> threatened with lawsuits?
>
> Their chatrooms are completely stripped, worthless, actually and the
> message
> boards for companies are highly filtered.  The messages they allow to be
> posted are things you can read in the headlines for that company anyway.
>
> Is it the latest thing to threaten these sites with lawsuits if they do not
> start filtering out everything?

I came across a lawsuit story yesterday:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/05/09/BUGBRINUJR1.DTL

Lawsuits say Yahoo violated ad deals

,----[ Quote ]
| Yahoo Inc. has been sued for allegedly overcharging clients by farming
| out their online advertisements to purveyors of spyware and other
| malicious Internet destinations.
`----

However, this does not seem to relate to your concern.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    $> wget -r -erobots=off http://www.*
  5:30am  up 12 days 12:27,  7 users,  load average: 0.36, 0.29, 0.33