Re: Google news

__/ [ Big Bill ] on Friday 12 May 2006 13:41 \__

> On Fri, 12 May 2006 12:01:17 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>__/ [ rhaji@xxxxxxx ] on Friday 12 May 2006 11:58 \__
>>
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> Does anyone out there know how to get a press release onto the google
>>> news pages??? My website url is http://www.webtrendz.co.uk as well as
>>> http://www.ncl.co.uk, any help in doing this would be greatly
>>> appreciated.
>>>
>>> thanks in advance.
>>>
>>> Webtrendz
>>
>>http://news.google.com/intl/en_us/about_google_news.html#news_org
>>
>>http://www.google.com/support/news/bin/request.py
>>
>>They are selective in terms of what they aggregate in their news feeds, but
>>good luck. I only looked at the latter site and it seems irrelevant.
>>
>>Best wishes,
>>
>>Roy
>
> You can apply to be a contributor, I believe, but it's difficult to
> think of an area where they might need any more.
>
> BB

They  will  always  welcome more (as more information =  more  choice  and
higher  saturation),  but it depends on their criteria for  quality.  They
accepted some bad sites in the recent past and suffered some embarrassment
(big  hoaxes) as a results. The sites to be added must have attained  some
credibility,  so  credentials  is  probably the key  criterion.  For  some
reason,  they  also include some blogs and security  advisories  nowadays.
Yahoo  News  is  /still/  many miles ahead, in my  humble  opinion.  Their
history make them more mature and predictable. However, they lack *this*:

                http://news.google.com/news?complete=1

AJAX autocomplete, added a fortnight ago.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Minesweeper Consultant and Solitaire Expert (MCSE)
  1:45pm  up 14 days 20:42,  9 users,  load average: 0.13, 0.27, 0.45