Re: [News] World of Warcraft on Linux

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
,----[ Quote ]
| With a little ingenuity and some alternative OS magic it is possible to
| play World of Warcraft in a Linux environment. This document shows you how.
`----

http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-10877_11-6063292.html

Just a FYI but WoW was running on GNU/Linux two years ago when the game was still in beta stage. That is because even two years ago there were lots of WoW fans (now at 6 million plus..) and naturally some of those people are also GNU/Linux fans. ^_^

The arguments about GNU/Linux not being gamer friendly are by and large legacy arguments with no real substance. GNU/Linux gamers typically report that their games run faster/smoother on the GNU/Linux platform. Not always without quirks but progress is being made all the time.

I personally think that all work done to help GNU/Linux gamers is time well spent since it serves as another solid path for winning more people over to GNU/Linux.