Re: The Adobe Downlaod Manager paradox was: Re: The MS Live Messenger paradox

__/ [ Larry Qualig ] on Thursday 11 May 2006 15:12 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> __/ [ Jim ] on Wednesday 10 May 2006 15:26 \__

>> > screenshot available on request.
>>
>> I don't quite get it...
>>
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/05/10/msn_paradox.jpg
>
> The installer is warning that the installer should be closed before the
> user continues the install. (It "looks" like it's complaining about
> itself.) The user could click 'Ignore' as the dialog says and continue.
>
> What isn't clear and what we have no way of knowing is whether another
> instance of the installer is already running. That is, someone starts
> two instances of the install in which case the 2nd installer would
> detect the first and display a dialog like this.

Hi, Larry. Yes, I already know what you have kindly clarified, but I just
don't understand Jim's remark. I mean, the screenshot is right there...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    $> apt-get -not windows
  3:10pm  up 13 days 22:07,  8 users,  load average: 0.41, 0.80, 0.86