Re: [News] Microsoft FUD and its "Shoddy, Arrogant Worst"

__/ [ Ray Ingles ] on Thursday 11 May 2006 14:19 \__

> On 2006-05-11, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>| It's bad enough when Microsoft strong-arms other software vendors
>>| into submission as a means of thwarting competition. But when it
>>| engages in underhanded tactics to intimidate users in order to
>>| land a software deal, we have a very disturbing situation on our hands.
>
>  My favorite quote:
>
>  "So why was someone in a sales position leaning so hard on AWC about a
> supposed licensing compliance concern?"
>
>  Given Microsoft's recent financial issues (lower profits, increased
> spending, etc.) I think they may be on a revenue push. If they use a lot
> of tactics like these, that could backfire.

Open arms will be there to welcome to the 'refugees'.

Office:

        http://why.openoffice.org/ (Get Legal - Get OpenOffice.org)

Windows:

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-micropiracy9apr09,0,414067.story?track=tottext
                                   (How Piracy Opens Doors for Windows)

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | (S)oftware (U)nd (S)ystem(E)ntwicklung 10.1
  2:25pm  up 13 days 21:22,  8 users,  load average: 1.16, 1.08, 0.88