Re: Ping Noticedtrends

__/ [ wd ] on Thursday 11 May 2006 12:56 \__

> On Thu, 11 May 2006 04:28:16 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Brand new Google Labs product: "See what the world is searching for"
>>
>> http://www.google.com/trends
>
> Some of the results look very odd, but it is interesting.  I wonder how
> much of an effect automated queries have on the results.
>
> For travel-related terms, Dublin is doing some oddly heavy queries.
>
> I typed in 'porn' and it says Manchester and Birmingham lead the pack for
> cities, but Australia and South Africa are the leading regions.
>
> For 'search engine optimization' India and Philippines were the leading
> regions by far...

Intersting. When I tried it earlier (hours after it was announced) I could
only get U.S. States and Canadian provinces. It was somewhat uninteresting
because of social, cultural, racial, and political uniformity. I wonder if
they scale the bars based on population size or some other factor. I  only
spent a couple of minutes with the tool and then thought: *aha*!    That's
just what Noticedtrends has been preaching about and longing for. I didn't
realise that somebody else had beat me to it...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
 12:55pm  up 13 days 19:52,  8 users,  load average: 0.93, 0.40, 0.21