Re: ouch (Exchange Servers)

__/ [ Jim ] on Saturday 13 May 2006 13:20 \__

> http://bink.nu/Article7063.bink
>
> "The bug in Exchange that Microsoft disclosed Tuesday is too juicy a
> target for hackers to pass up, security companies warned Wednesday, and
> users should expect to see a worm pop up any time.
>
> Tuesday, Microsoft patched a flaw in Exchange 2000 and Exchange 2003's
> calendaring function. According to Microsoft's security bulletin, an
> attacker could exploit the vulnerability simply by sending a
> specially-crafted e-mail to the server. "

While on the subject of Exchange Server, may I please squeeze in a relevant
news story that neatly suits the Linux cause?

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1961410,00.asp?kc=EWRSS03129TX1K0000616

An Exchange for Exchange

May 12, 2006

,----[ Quote ]
| In this week's InfraSpectrum podcast: Peter Coffee examines a
| plug-compatible alternative to Microsoft Exchange, hosted on Linux
| and working with standards-based management and collaboration tools,
| that is the proposition offered by PostPath, which emerged on May 9
| from stealth mode after two years of development.
`----

This will probably offer the same function with better security, stability,
and performance.