Re: Microsoft Set to Stone Self

On Sun, 14 May 2006 19:01:52 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> __/ [ Larry Qualig ] on Sunday 14 May 2006 15:50 \__
>

>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>> In this new fight against piracy, Microsoft have delivered a rock:
>>>
>>>         http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=31436
>>>
>>> Let us wish them the best of luck...
>>>

> http://www.infopackets.com/channels/en/windows/gazette/2006/20060429_how_piracy_helps_microsoft_make_billions.htm
>>>
>>>         How Piracy Helps Microsoft Make Billions
>>>

> http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-micropiracy9apr09,0,414067.story?track=tottext
>>>
>>>         How Piracy Opens Doors for Windows
>>

>> -> How Piracy Helps Microsoft Make Billions -> How Piracy Opens Doors
>> for Windows
>>
>> How does this even remotely have anything to do with Linux? How come you
>> keep posting this Off Topic crap?
>
> It  should  be crystal clear if you think laterally. Think about the  "Why
> OpenOffice"  campaign. Among the keys to GNU/Linux and OSS adoption is the
> enforcement  of  licenses  and  battles against piracy.  Take  Office  and
> Photoshop  from Joe Average (or, contrariwise, charge him for it) and  see
> what happens.
>
> Now,  Larry,  if you don't like the [news]-tagged items, then kill me,  or
> kill them. That's what the killfile is for. If you incentives for presence
> in  this  group  are  adverse to Linux advocacy  (positivy  or  negatively
> approached), then you are in the wrong place. This is definitely on topic,
> having re-iterated the point which revolves around /cost/ of S/W. It is no
> longer very bendable.

So Larry (Message-ID) Qualig doesn't like you posting news items. Just
because *he* doesn't like it, doesn't mean it's OT. If he doesn't like it,
he can leave the group.

AFAIC you're doing a good job, Roy, & the news items are handy for those
who either haven't had time to look for them, or missed reading them. :-)
It's also darn sight more ON topic than the stuff he posts.

--
SuSE 10.1 GM
KDE 3.5.1