Re: Beware the Microsoft 'monoculture'

  • Subject: Re: Beware the Microsoft 'monoculture'
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 09:30:49 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Friday 19 May 2006 08:16 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
> Au79 <au79@xxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> CNET News.com - San Francisco,CA,USA
>>
>> ... Microsoft should do more to protect Windows ... can and should protect
>> the kernel of Windows, make it less vulnerable, and respond more quickly
>> to vulnerabilities. ...
>>
>><http://news.com.com/Beware+the+Microsoft+monoculture/2008-1009_3-6073640.html>
>
> MS presumably need to find any possibility of additional revenue - this
> will involve destroying its remaining partners, I'm sure.

One used to be able to say that Symantec were Microsoft partners, virtually.
Symantec protected that troubled platform and inhibited some users, which
could otherwise run elsewhere.

Now, look where the loveaffair stands.

http://news.com.com/2100-7355_3-6072540.html?part=rss&tag=6072540&subj=news

        Symantec CEO advocates Macs

http://news.com.com/1606-2_3-6073553.html?part=rss&tag=6073553&subj=news

        Symantec CEO: "Diversity is key to secure infrastructure"

http://news.com.com/2100-1014_3-6074055.html?part=rss&tag=6074055&subj=news

        Symantec sued Microsoft last night

That's the thank-you for all these years of protecting Windows. Netscaping
them...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Disk quota exceeded; sig discontinued"
  9:25am  up 21 days 16:22,  10 users,  load average: 0.54, 0.71, 0.53