Re: Microsoft: Users May Have To Prove Legal Windows Use

  • Subject: Re: Microsoft: Users May Have To Prove Legal Windows Use
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 07:18:48 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ unionpenny@xxxxxxxxx ] on Tuesday 16 May 2006 22:51 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> __/ [ Mathew P. ] on Saturday 06 May 2006 03:37 \__
>>
>> > On 2006-05-06, nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx spake thusly:
>
>    [...]
>
>> > You are all witnessing history, folks. Someday, your grandchildren are
>> > going to be asking you, "Grandpa, Do you remember where you were, and
>> > what you were doing, when Microsoft Died?"
>>

>> It will *not* happen overnight. But it *is* happening. Search engine
>> dropped from 14% to 11% in just one quarter; Vista, Office, Origami are
>> delayed; XBox 360 accumulates heavy losses due to its higher-than-expected
>> cost and mechanical issues that force a replacements. Among many other
>> things...
>
> Overnight death? No. But another way to put this is: "Grandpa, Do you
> remember where you were, and what you were doing, when Microsoft jumped
> the shark?"
>
> http://www.jumptheshark.com/
>
><snip />

I used to love that site, circa 1999. I still have some pages from that site
-- ones that I saved on my hard-drive for off-line reading (modem days,
travelling, etc.).

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Avoid missing ball for higher score"
  7:15am  up 19 days 14:12,  8 users,  load average: 1.08, 0.64, 0.53