Re: SuSE 10.1 - KDE 3.5.2

__/ [ Roy Culley ] on Tuesday 16 May 2006 17:21 \__

> begin  risky.vbs
> <1265750.JOb1KTrvSd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> __/ [ Roy Culley ] on Tuesday 16 May 2006 17:04 \__
>>
>>> begin  risky.vbs
>>> <1984238.OTvti0TzV9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,

>>> genlop -n kde
>>>  * kde-base/kde
>>>
>>>      [snip]
>>>      Sat May 13 19:13:44 2006 >>> kde-base/kde-3.5.2
>>>
>>> Working like a charm so far. In any case, with Gentoo I can revert to
>>> a previous version at xdm login time.
>>
>> Most recently:
>>
>>         http://message-id.net/<nxQ9g.8673$WP5.1414@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> See if it happens to you as well. You can probably reproduce these
>> errors.
>
> Kmail!!! Who uses that? I thought everyone used exmh. :-)

I  ditched KMail over a year ago. I went to Thunderbird because it was  so
much  better.  It  is a top-notch client, which I use with  over  a  dozen
extensions   and  a  nice  Aqua-inspired  theme  (I  have  about  4  Aquas
available).

As regards Poaster's latest follow-up, KDE 4 is due out in Q3, unless I am
mistaken.  QT4 should be out concurrently, for Windows as well. This means
that  all  that Trolltech/KDE goodness will travel over to  Windows,  much
like  JRE  (Firefox /et al./). This will enable more users to prepare  for
'defection' while using the wares which they are bound to use over 'here'.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz, Ph.D. Candidate (Medical Biophysics)
  5:20pm  up 19 days  0:17,  8 users,  load average: 0.12, 0.33, 0.48