Re: [News] Free Software for School Children

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Thursday 25 May 2006 14:08 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> A free education
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| My sister Erika's second grade primary school class had a problem: it
>>| had four old computers running Microsoft Windows 98, and no educational
>>| software for the computers. The computers were used mainly for viewing
>>| children's educational Web sites, and playing simple Macromedia Flash
>>| games. I decided to introduce free software into her classroom. The
>>| results were heart-warming.
>> `----
>>
>> http://business.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=06/05/15/1941210&from=rss
>
> That was useful - am just taking a copy of the freeduc-primaire cd to my
> school, so we'll see how we get along...

It'll be fine until some MVP or Ballmer calls the principal. Frankly, it's
amazing how some people give Linux and Open Source a bad reputation. They
will have people believe that Linux will have everyone jobless. They compare
it to cancer, cracking, piracy and the Red Threat.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Quote when replying in non-real-time dialogues"
  6:05pm  up 28 days  0:37,  8 users,  load average: 0.19, 0.56, 0.64