Re: New domains registered, but no time to create site yet, should I put a page up though?

  • Subject: Re: New domains registered, but no time to create site yet, should I put a page up though?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 14:30:31 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [ XyZed ] on Thursday 25 May 2006 13:51 \__

> Is there any point in putting something up on new domains I intend to
> develop in the next several months or should I just put something up
> when I'm ready to start writing the content? Even if it's a single
> page? Is there any advantage such as establishing a date that counts
> towards how long a site's been established  etc?

Buying a domain and even hostign is cheap nowadays. I'd say "go for it". Put
a placeholder and try to attract crawlers early on, using links. Google
account for maturity of sites in one way or another, or so some say,.. I bet
they are not the exception. Netscraft will favour you as well.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |   Oracle: Linux adoption to accelerate
  2:25pm  up 27 days 20:57,  9 users,  load average: 0.09, 0.10, 0.05