Re: [News] Word Crippled to 'Safe Mode'

__/ [ Linonut ] on Wednesday 24 May 2006 17:05 \__

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out this bit o'
> wisdom:
>
>> __/ [ Ray Ingles ] on Wednesday 24 May 2006 13:48 \__

>>>  Does it bother anyone else that a word processor is so complex that it
>>> *needs* a "safe mode"?
>>
>> Mozilla Firefox has that as well, FWIW. I am not sure about Thunderbird,
>> but I suspect not.
>
> I don't see such a thing, whether in Edit/Preferences or "firefox
> --help".  What at you talking about?

It's a 'Windows-only thing', I suspect. I wasn't sure enough to mention this
in my previous post, although I truly wanted to. I am sure I saw it once,
but not under GNU/Linux and, besides, this might be a command-line option.
If Windows users want safe mode Firefox, they should wipe their machine or
SSH to a remote host. Many vulnerabilities are Windows-specific.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "These characters were randomly picked"
  5:15pm  up 26 days 23:47,  11 users,  load average: 0.27, 0.58, 0.64