Re: Microsoft Sabotage Sales of PC's Without Operating System

  • Subject: Re: Microsoft Sabotage Sales of PC's Without Operating System
  • From: "DFS" <nospam@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 12:15:13 -0400
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
B Gruff wrote:
> On Sunday 21 May 2006 11:55 DFS wrote:
>
>>> http://news.zdnet.co.uk/0,39020330,39261437,00.htm
>>
>> Now why didn't you mark this as [LIES] so I could plonk it sight
>> unseen?
>
> (sigh)...
>
> "Writing in Microsoft's Partner Update magazine, which is distributed
> to computer dealers....."
> Scan of said page in said magazine:-
>
> http://www.zdnet.co.uk/i/z/nw/sp/storygraphics/scan.jpg
>
> Old news I'll grant, but "lies"?

My claim of a lie isn't based on the age of the article, but on Roy "The
Liar" Schestowitz's negative-spin thread title claiming MS was trying to
"sabotage" something.  Not only is that a lie, but that magazine was
distributed only to MS Partners - not all PC sellers as his title implies.

If Roy "The Liar" Schestowitz was at all interested in honesty and full
disclosure, the result would be a thread title along the lines of "Microsoft
promotes sales of pre-installed Windows through their Partners".  But that's
factual, and thus not a cola-worthy "news" item.