Re: [News] Microsoft Pay Hosts to Choose Windows

__/ [ Sinister Midget ] on Sunday 21 May 2006 15:11 \__

> On 2006-05-21, Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted
> something concerning:
>> On Sun, 21 May 2006 10:50:28 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> Intersting nugget of information from alt.www.webmaster:
>>>
>>> __/ [ Gordon Hudson ] on Sunday 21 May 2006 10:21 \__

>> So now unverifiable hearsay from newsgroups is "newsworthy"?
>
> You always expect us to take unverifiable (and outright provably wrong)
> meterial from you constantly. And you even run away when asked to
> provide simple links to back your "facts" much of the time.

Gordon went further and replied to me with the following:

___/ [ Gordon Hudson ] on Sunday 21 May 2006 14:07 \__

> If they offered me the sort of deal they have offered other hosts it would
> be very difficult to resist simply because of the potential amount of money
> involved.
> The only thing that would hold me back from doing it is my previous
> experience with Windows in a shared hosting environment, which was not,
> good, reliable or scaleable.
> The main problem was getting the different bits of software to talk to each
> other.
> Because they were closed source you couldn't do it very easily.

Ouch!

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      | Vista: as the reputation of "Longhorn" was mucked
  3:15pm  up 23 days 21:54,  11 users,  load average: 0.97, 1.05, 0.93