Re: Half Life2

  • Subject: Re: Half Life2
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 07:03:52 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.suse
__/ [ Ram ] on Saturday 20 May 2006 20:42 \__

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=set+up+Half+Life+2+server+Linux&btnG=Google+Search

>>> Thx for the in the info your search worked better then mine. I'd already
>>> downloaded hlds_l_1120_full.bin but unfortunatly I am unable to get it
>>> to run.
>>>
>>> The smart answer would have been a simple yes or no :D to my question.
>>>
>>> Ram
>>
>> If you had described where you experience difficulties, it would have been
>> easier to help. What you are asking for is a yes/no answer, accompanied by
>> a link or an HOTWO compsed and posted to UseNet, especially for you. It is
>> probably too much to expect, so how about explaining where you experience
>> difficulties? I'd love to help, but the question is just too broad. It's
>> more like a search phrase...
>>
>> Best wishes,
>>
>> Roy
>>

> Initially a yes / no answer was what I was after.
>
> If I'd got a yes answer I'd have posted my problem, games are generally
>   not covered in here, so I was just looking someone who may have been
> reading that could help.

Fair enough. A one-liner is often a deterrent and request for rudeness.

> I had spent a few hours reading google prior to my post, yes I had
> problems which turn out to be with the bin looking for a directory that
> did not exist.

The new Linux Standard Base (LSB), which was agreed upon last month, will
make inconsistent locations a thing of the past.

> All sorted now, latest steam files currently downloading
>
> Ram

Happy camper! *smile*

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Spam enchanted evening..."
  7:00am  up 23 days 13:57,  11 users,  load average: 1.68, 0.80, 0.71