Re: Check out what Blender can do.

__/ [ Bobbie ] on Sunday 21 May 2006 00:32 \__

> I don't know if this has made it around the linux groups yet.
>
> http://orange.blender.org/
>
> Downloaded it via Bittorrent (23 mins) well worth the wait.

They  had  the  premiere  in  the  Netherlands  quite  some  time  ago   <
http://orange.blender.org/blog/elephants-dream-premiere-march-24   >,  but
it's  only  now that they released the film, I suspect. I didn't think  it
was  worth  posting  when  I saw the announcement,  but  think  about  the
possibilities  owing to re-use (CCL?). Even Disney are re-suing plenty  in
their films:

http://www.prodisney.ru/clones.php

Soon  enough, people may download the source code and go 'underground'  to
create their funny derivative with different story lines. Oh, and speaking
of  Creative  Commons Licence, Pearl Jam have just released a video  under
this  licence.  There  was also something to do with Open  Source  in  the
context of the Beatie Boys 'bout a month back.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Reversi for Linux/Win32: http://othellomaster.com
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU is Not UNIX  ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  4:35am  up 23 days 11:32,  11 users,  load average: 1.23, 1.09, 1.12