[News] The Words of a DRM Idiot

Free Software Foundation: Free as in "do what I say"

,----[ Quote ]
| But not, apparently, under the new FSF order. In this new worldview, DRM
| is Wrong. It is verboten. And who knows what other algorithm or subroutine
| might be cast out next; but who are we to question? By abandoning social
| and economic arguments in favor of a moral one, the FSF is in effect
| telling us that God is on its side.
`----

So, to this columnist, restricting data access to a single platform (i.e.
product) is perfectly fine. Sounds like a lockin or a route to
monopolisation to me...

http://www.infoworld.com/article/06/05/29/78693_22OPopenent_1.html?source=NLC-OPENT2006-05-30