Re: [News] Gartner: DB Market up 8%, Linux up 84%

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Tuesday 30 May 2006 19:57 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> Gartner Says Worldwide Relational Database Market Increased 8 Percent in
>> 2005
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Linux grew the fastest of all the RDBMS platforms (84 percent),
>>| driven primarily by Oracle, and the maturation and user acceptance of
>>| the Linux platform as a mission-critical DBMS platform.
>> `----
>>
>>                 http://www.moneyweb.co.za/business_today/456007.htm
>
> Hmm, 84% growth.  I don't think I've ever seen a figure like that...

Oracle are changing or revamping their appliances to include Linux. They are
responsible for many back rooms in many different companies.  What they give
in return is a separate question altogether. They recently unleashed an Open
Source Ajax toolkit.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    (S)oftware (U)nd (S)ystem(E)ntwicklung
  3:10am  up 33 days  9:42,  8 users,  load average: 2.12, 1.55, 1.27