Re: Can you still get away with this in Google?

  • Subject: Re: Can you still get away with this in Google?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 14:37:26 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [ Big Bill ] on Tuesday 30 May 2006 14:11 \__

> On 30 May 2006 03:09:46 -0700, rounkle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>>This site: http://www.toibiza.com
>>
>>is still hacking Google and the other search engines with 'hidden text"
>>keywords.
>>
>>If you look at the source code, right below the <BODY> tag you see
>>this:
>><b><h1><a href="http://www.toibiza.com/en/home.html";>ibiza
>>deals</a>Ibiza deals from 9.90 pounds. ibiza hotels deals.</h1>
>><b><h1><a
>>href="http://www.toibiza.com/en/listado-apartamentos-ibiza.html";>ibiza
>>apartments</a>Ibiza apartmens from 9 pounds.</h1>
>><b>ibiza, hoteles ibiza,hoteles en ibiza,apartamentos ibiza, viajes a
>>ibiza, denia ibiza,</b>
>><b>nuevo ibiza,viajes ibiza,apartamentos en ibiza,ibiza
>>hoteles,alquiler ibiza,hotel ibiza,vuelos ibiza,mapa ibiza,hoteles de
>>ibiza</b>
>><b>ferry ibiza,ibiza com,vuelos a ibiza,san antonio ibiza,discotecas de
>>ibiza,barcelona ibiza,mapa de ibiza,isla de ibiza,turismo ibiza</b>
>><b>fotos ibiza,ibiza formentera,ibiza nuevo,valencia ibiza,trabajo
>>ibiza,ibiza sport,ofertas ibiza,alquiler coches ibiza,camping
>>ibiza,ibiza hotel</b>
>><b>ibiza lastminute, Ibiza Angebote, Last minit Ibiza,  alquiler en
>>ibiza,ibiza alquiler,ibiza y formentera,viaje ibiza,ultima hora
>>ibiza,viaje a ibiza,cafe del mar ibiza,ibiza fotos,barco ibiza</b>
>>
>>..................ad nauseum....
>>
>>A visitor cannot see any of this spam, because the CSS class tag <h1>
>>specifies a color 'white'
>>against a white background.
>
> It's silly but Google may well simply never bother to do anything
> about it. Some spam it simply ignores.

Yuck. Report this immediately if you care. You can report to all 3 big
players at once...

http://www.schestowitz.com/report-spam/

By the way, I read somewhere that Ask (formerly Jeeves) have some spam
reporting facility, but I was never able to find it... there ought to be
something like SpamCop for content...

Best wishes,