Re: OGG to MP3 conversion

> __/ [ Linonut ] on Monday 29 May 2006 14:50 \__
>
>> Finally saw a reasonably good MP3 player below my price point ($30), so
>> now I want to convert a few OGG files to MP3.
>>
>> The obvious was sox, and it is easy to use, and fairly fast.  Has
>> anybody used it and some other conversion process, and do you have an
>> opinion?
>>
>> Linux only, I don't give a hoot about Windows for this process.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Chris
>
> There are command-line tools for this, e.g.
>
> ogg2mp3 *.ogg
>
> There are GUI's as well. Just search freshmeat and sourceforge.

Cool, but how does it stack up to sox?

I can easily djinn up a script to use sox in batch mode.  I'm more
interesting in speed and quality here.

But thanks, Roy!

By the way, people say they've got the Sandisk Sansa m230 to work in MSC
mode (USB), but I can't get it to be mountable, although lsusb shows it
sitting there on the bus.

Idiots.

--
   /\ STOP! This post has not passed Microsoft Logo testing to verify its
  /  \      compatibility with Microsoft FUD.  Microsoft strongly recommends