[News] SuSE Linux and Cost Decrease

Mutual of Enumclaw Decreases Costs w/ Oracle 10g, SUSE Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Oracle announced that Mutual of Enumclaw Insurance Company, a mutual
| company that provides a broad array of insurance products and services,
| is using the combination of Oracle Database 10g on Linux to achieve a
| tenfold increase in performance while reducing infrastructure costs.
`----

I don't know how PostgreSQL and MySQL feel about it, but Linux is definitely
part of the savings here, especially as it scales upwards and Oracle suck
more money. IIRC, 10g is the introductory lockin.

                        http://www.gridtoday.com/grid/673779.html