Re: [News] Flash Player 9 for Linux

__/ [ Handover Phist ] on Sunday 28 May 2006 00:40 \__

> Roy Schestowitz :
>> Yes, Virginia, there will be a Flash Player 9 for Linux
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Yes, Adobe is actively working on the Linux version of Flash Player 9.
>>| We expect to make a pre-release version available on Adobe Labs for
>>| early feedback and testing before the end of the year, with the full
>>| release expected in early 2007. As delivering consistency across
>>| platforms is a core value of Flash Player, performance is one oft
>>| he main goals of the Linux release.
>> `----
>>
>> http://weblogs.macromedia.com/emmy/archives/2006/05/yes_virginia_th.cfm
>
> Bout frickin time!

Before the Macromedia-Abode takeover, that used to Acrobat Reader that was
neglected. As far as I know, Acrobat Reader 6 never existed for Linux and
version 5 for Linux had a severe flaw, which was discovered shortly after
AR7 had come out. Moreover, version 5 fort Linux was half-cooked. It had
these ugly Motif dialogues. Shame on Adobe, but they have an opportunity to
make up... same with MATLAB, by the way (one of my recurring rants)...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Somebody, give this politician a wedgie"
 12:40am  up 30 days  7:12,  9 users,  load average: 1.35, 0.83, 0.82