Re: [News] Microsoft Bashes Outlook 2007

__/ [ Linonut ] on Saturday 27 May 2006 21:45 \__

http://chris.pirillo.com/2006/05/26/65-reasons-why-outlook-2007-will-suck/#more-3622

>>> Minf you, this comes from a Windows evangelist.
>>
>> Imagine how long the reports would be if a few of you Linux hypocrites had
>> the honesty to attack [pick most any Linux/OSS app] in such excruciating
>> detail.
>
> I can't imagine it.  Sure, some OSS apps have bugs, even some gauche
> ones.  But so do many Microsoft applications.  And they're a
> multi-billion dollar corporation that should have much better quality
> control, as opposed to a large number of relatively small teams of
> developers.
>
> I'll cut a trying man more slack than I will a corporate huckster.

Users can fix them and submit patches; Developers re-use thoroughly-tested
components (because they can!); Microsoft code is insecure by design and
security often tops the severity of bugs.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Vista: as the reputation of "Longhorn" was mucked
 12:05am  up 30 days  6:37,  8 users,  load average: 1.37, 1.11, 1.26