Re: Yahoo, EBay Join Forces in Partnership

__/ [ Roy Schestowitz ] on Saturday 27 May 2006 16:12 \__

> __/ [ Jim Carlock ] on Friday 26 May 2006 15:56 \__
>
>> http://story.news.ask.com/article/20060526/D8HR6S5O0.html
>>
>> Title: "Yahoo, EBay Join Forces in Partnership"
>>
>> Date: May 25, 10:54 PM (ET)
>> Author: By MICHAEL LIEDTKE
>>
>> "SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Internet powerhouses Yahoo and
>> eBay are joining forces in an alliance that further
>> defines the battle lines in an online brawl with
>> rivals Google, Microsoft and AOL."
>>
>> Full article available at the link above.
>>
>> Anyone remember or recall a link whereby eBay was bought
>> out by another company?
>

> They formed/joined/took over PayPal. I think they created it to assist eBay
> and it later mushroomed from there. I still remmeber the days when my dad
> told me about the company with the strange name and idea. He said it was
> called eBay and its worth (stock) jumped from about 5 dollars to over 100.
> We saw it happening day by day...
>
> Nowadays, eBay is among the most visited sites on the Web (Yahoo at number
> 1).
>

>> Maybe I'm thinking of eBay acquiring up PayPal.
>

> They also bought Skype. Speculations about the motive vary.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Roy

Addendum: see the following as well.

http://www.nypost.com/business/64226.htm

,----[ TALKS COOL BETWEEN MICROSOFT AND EBAY ]
| Sources indicate that the talks, while still active, have cooled somewhat
| in the last two weeks as executives considered antitrust issues. It is
| unclear what the full impact of yesterday's advertising and search alliance
| between Yahoo! and eBay will be for talks between MSN and eBay. One source
| close to the matter suggested the Yahoo-eBay tie-up would not stop
| Microsoft from pursuing the online auctioneer.
`----

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    /earth: file system full
  5:40pm  up 30 days  0:12,  8 users,  load average: 1.08, 1.20, 1.14