Re: [News] Linux Device Drivers Made Easy

__/ [ Handover Phist ] on Friday 26 May 2006 05:29 \__

http://trends.newsforge.com/trends/06/05/25/2127225.shtml?tid=138&tid=140&tid=9

> There is a massive amount of coolness coming out of this. I'm currently
> waiting on unionfs compatibility with >2.6.16 for my live distro to come
> out and this sort of thing will make my life easier. That's not to
> mention the lives of my clients. If I can make good money doing this,
> then the developers will too, and that's a promise.

There many examples where money can be made while assisting the community of
users. The larger-scale examples involve contributions from Novell to the
Linux kernel (OSDL). The financial agendas at Intel and IBM has a similar
effect. It's all cumulative.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Digits 772-777 of Pi are 999999
 10:40am  up 29 days 17:12,  8 users,  load average: 0.55, 0.60, 0.61