Re: [News] Corel-Mozilla Partnership Formed

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 22:07:43 +0000

> Corel partners with Mozilla
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Mozilla's Firefox Web browser will come bundled with Corel's
> | WordPerfect Office X3-Home Edition 2007, Corel announced Thursday.
> `----
>
> http://news.com.com/2110-1012_3-6134232.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-5&subj=news
>
> Mozilla has similar arrangements with other companies.
>
> Recent:
>
> Internet Explorer's Market Share Drops Slightly
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | The first upgrade to Microsoft's Internet Explorer in five years
> | hasn't checked the browser's continued -- albeit slow -- decline
> | in market share, a Web metrics firm said Monday.
> `----
>
> http://www.techweb.com/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=193502086&cid=RSSfeed_TechWeb

this is great news.

i really liked wordperfect 5.1 back when it was for dos. i'd just like
them to opensource wp5.1, that's make my year, then if it could be
bundled into a vi sort of interface that'd be great too. or if vi could
be set as an external editor for the main functions.

the article does not state if the corel that is bundled is open source
or not. i assume that it's not. but back in the day, corel used to have
their own distro, and they even included wp in suse5.x, which was a
great move. since then i've not seen any mention of wp, and i've just
accepted that (star|open)office was a superior product as it moved
faster than the corel offering.

--
Regards, Ed                      :: http://www.bsdwarez.net
proud linux person