Re: [News] Linux Live CD Saves Windows from Malware

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Fri, 10 Nov 2006 10:20:49 +0000
<1632418.ANIJNgKOYb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Anti-spyware anesthetises your OS before going to work
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | As SPAM reaches record levels and more and more operating system
> | exploits are discovered every week the threat of spyware has become
> | greater than ever.
> |
> | [...]
> |
> | As the name suggests this program boots into a different OS,
> | namely a modified version of Linux, to allow the scanner run
> | independently of Windows. This serves the purpose of being able to access
> | areas that the Vole (Inquirer's nym for Microsoft) normally doesn't
> | allow us to tread.
> `----
>
> http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=35636

Using Linux as a disinfectant for Microsoft.  My brain hurts,
although it's been done before in a different context, namely
sanitizing emails going to downstream Windows boxen.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Useless C++ Programming Idea #1123133:
void f(FILE * fptr, char *p) { fgets(p, sizeof(p), fptr); }