Re: [News] Gates Argues Population Unfit for IT?

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Friday 10 November 2006 07:20 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> Not quite so, but one can't help thinking about Gates' crocodile tears
>> over the supposedly-declining computer science education in the States
>> (excuse for offshoring).
>>
>> Gates Urges More 'IT' Fitness
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| "With the IT Fitness Initiative, we want to energize Microsoft as well
>>| as its partners to extend and contribute in such a way so that their
>>| abilities will make German companies more successful in a global
>>| economy," Gates said.
>> `----
>>
>> http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/061106/germany_bill_gates.html?.v=1
>>
>> Training (fitness) for Windows can be overwhelming. Give them Linux and
>> they will no longer bother to learn which E-mails are safe to open, how to
>> purge thousands of SPAM (Windows zombies residue) efficiently, which sites
>> are 'trusted', how the Registry can be cleaned, how to use defrag or
>> anti-virus software, and where to obtain software (no repositories)...
>
> How to reinstall the operating system, how to reinstall the
> applications, when to reboot the machine, how good the external firewall
> needs to be...

Seen the following very recently:

http://news.com.com/2061-10789_3-6133838.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Free the mind, the source will follow"
         run-level 5  Oct 18 14:45                   last=S