Re: [News] OSWeekly Sez Windows is in Trouble

__/ [ John Bailo ] on Wednesday 08 November 2006 22:12 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Students Switch to OS X, Windows in Trouble
>
>> | Despite the fact that many students have been inculcated in Windows,
>> | some of them are beginning to see the benefits of OS X, and the tide
>
> That's like eating dog poo and seeing the tastiness of lark's vomit.
>
>> it's harder to gauge Linux takeup, if not impossible. Linux is not being
>> sold.
>
> Do you think the Microsoft-Novell thing will change that?

The only think sold was Novell... and its integrity... and its userbase and
community. Novell shot self in foot.

Novell employees are on 'damage control' mode. Ted Haegar, whom I speak
to sometimes, will interview the CEO and publish the edited interview
tonight.

If you wish, some mailing lists archives are at.

http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse/2006-11/

They say the stories rather well, but they are mor balanced than Groklaw.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Life is too short to proofread"
Tasks: 129 total,   3 running, 125 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie