Re: [News] Novell's Latest Response to the Community

__/ [ casual observer ] on Wednesday 08 November 2006 17:25 \__

> On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 09:40:50 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> Seen it coming online late last night...
>> Novell Answers Questions from the Community
>> ,----[ Snippet ]
>> | Q3. Is this agreement an admission that Linux products from Novell
>> | infringe Microsoft patents?
>> |
>> | No.
>> |
>> | Patent concerns did not drive our entry into this agreement. Novell
>> | makes no admission that its Linux and open source offerings infringe
>> | on any other parties' patents. Our position has not changed as a
>> | result of this agreement.
>> `----
>> http://www.novell.com/linux/microsoft/faq_opensource.html
> Damage control...pure and simple. Also, by that logic, money was not a
> motivating factor to make the deal, either. Novell's debts and Wall
> Street's pressure notwithstanding.
> Hovsepian can channel Clinton,
> "I did not have sex with that woman."
> all he wants. The $340 million on top of the dresser and the stained blue
> dress say otherwise.
> The CEO of EV1servers wished that he hadn't been screwed over, too. It's
> a common, morning after regret.
> Hey, Novell:
> "You said you'd never compromise
> With the mystery tramp, but now you realize
> He's not selling any alibis
> As you stare into the vacuum of his eyes
> And ask him do you want to make a deal?"
I agree with you entirely. See the following:

"Let archive.org archive it. Then if they don't keep the promise, cite

My reply here:

Andreas Jaeger:

This is looking bad for Novell. The community is neglected to give way to
"customers", shareholders, and managers' careers.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Wintendo O/S gets malware on its tail
roy      pts/5        cg001a.halls.man Tue Nov  7 10:58   still logged in