[News] Hiding Flaws Rather Than Writing Elegant and Secure Code

Microsoft To Boost Code Protection In Visual Studio

,----[ Quote ]
| "Obfuscation is an important component of Microsoft's
| comprehensive application lifecycle management solution"...
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/cmp/20061108/tc_cmp/193600482

Visual Studio itself (not its application products) had a flaw revealed last
week. It compromised the entire system.

Vulnerability in Microsoft XML Core Services Could Allow Remote Code
Execution

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is investigating public reports of a vulnerability in the
| XMLHTTP 4.0 ActiveX Control, part of Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0
| on Windows. We are aware of limited attacks that are attempting to
| use the reported vulnerability.
`----

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/advisory/927892.mspx

Recent: