Re: [News] Fedora Core 6 is a "Slam Dunk"

__/ [ Phil ] on Wednesday 08 November 2006 13:43 \__

> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> Slam-dunk for Linux - a review of Fedora Core 6
> Is that good or bad, personally I think core 6 rocks, everything just
> works.

I think "slam dunk" is universally a good thing, unlike "slimey junk". I have
been thinking about moving to FC6 recently... just need ro explore what
applications are readily available (what is to be gained and what's about to
be lost). Moves between distros involves many tradeoffs, which are worth
weighing... choice makes it possible to have a distro tailored for the user
'of of the box'. No hassle, no legwork.