Re: [News] Schwartz Strersses importance of Operating Systems

begin  risky.vbs
	<15311985.NB471NNeeM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
	Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> It's not just about the applications that are hosted...
>
> Sun's CEO cites OS as differentiator
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Oracle's and Microsoft's moves to accommodate Linux show how
>| important it is to have an operating system, said Sun Microsystems
>| President and CEO Jonathan Schwartz, promoting Sun's own Solaris
>| OS.
> `----

Why do I feel he meant to say 'a functional, stable, scalable and
secure operating system'? One thing is true about MS. They ain't very
smart. Even when Apple bit the bullet and switched to a BSD, MS
continued to 'develop' Windows. If they had been smart they would have
switched to a superior OS such as a BSD or even Linux.

--
Security is one of those funny things.  You can talk about being "more"
secure, but there's no such thing.  A vulnerability is a vulnerability, and