Re: Kororaa AIGLX LiveCD

__/ [ Jim ] on Monday 06 November 2006 11:41 \__

> now, where did I see a link for this? I can't remember, what I do remember
> was hunting down an ISO for this.
>
> Glad I did.
>
> Pantwetting doesn't begin to describe it.

So I guess you got the OpenGL-accelearted drop effect running? by now...

> Booted it on a 1.9 Centrino notebook with 1280x1024 Intel graphics.
> Straight onto an OpenGL desktop UI, and then had a play. I don't want to
> put this thing down!
>
> To say it's running from a gentoo live CD (up to now I was a gentoo
> virgin), this thing is so responsive it's stupid. I'm going to get this
> thing home and have a proper play tonight on one of my own laptops.

Have a look at Sabayon. Highly-expanded Gentoo Linux. 3.7 GB on DVD... all
the goodies including some proprietary software like Google Earth. KDE is
preset for eye candy which beat KDE's rather unattractive plain vanilla look
(never liked the default). COmpiz/AIGLX/XGL is also very easy to get
running, judging by some reviews...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Reversi for Linux/Win32: http://othellomaster.com
Tasks: 123 total,   2 running, 121 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie