[News] FBI in H-P Laptops? Reason to Immediately Transform Them to Linux?

HP Uses FBI's Software?

,----[ Quote ]
| I couldn't find much information online about the specific product,
| but there seemed to be some chatter about it being produced by the
| Federal Bureau of Investigation themselves. I wonder if they're
| remotely monitoring HP boxen. So, if you have a default installation
| of Windows from HP or Compaq, or have reinstalled using the recovery
| discs, you should switch to Linux so you aren't spied upon.
`----               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

http://modzer0.cs.uaf.edu/hank-typo/articles/2006/11/05/hp-uses-fbis-software

It's no secret that Windows has back doors (deliberate ones). The German,
Chinese, and French government know it. Could this explain why Microsoft
would not open up/disclose protocols as the EC demanded? It gets worse,
however, when back doors are slammed open for everyone to enter. Take the
latest Windows flaw, whose severity level is "extremely critical". Imagine
coping with the same in Linux. Someone tells you that your machine can be
hijacked and all the files deleted at any time. Remedy? None. Just sit and
wait for a patch. Schedule for a patch? None. Result? User is led to a state
of unrest and fear.