Re: Prominent Analyst Covering MSFT Quits

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> __/ [ cc ] on Sunday 05 November 2006 18:53 \__
>

> > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> >> __/ [ Mark Kent ] on Sunday 05 November 2006 04:53 \__

> >> Hey, Mark, watch that shareholder (and former Microsoft employee) getting
> >> all sweaty. Maybe it's time to return him to that sack (killfile). This
> >> way I won't hear him yelling again...
> >>
> >> Also notice that he only ever squeaks when people talk about money and
> >> stocks. Greedy man with a particular money-driven mission down in
> >> c.o.l.a...
> >>
> >> Granted, he's lucky that Microsoft has been pumping money into the stock
> >> to artificially stabilise its worth. Only in America (and selectively
> >> elsewhere) can this game of gambling and pretence endure. For what it's
> >> worth, my family had investments too and it can attest to how corrupt and
> >> ridiculous the market is. At the moment, even Windows zombies are used to
> >> manipulate the market.
> >
> > First, a company buying back shares is nothing new, so I don't know why
> > you're getting all upset of MS doing this. 2nd, how are Windows zombies
> > being used to manipulate the market? Please enlighten me.
>
> Let's let studies do the talk. Loose arguments may seem subjective and
> opinionated.

What a gross misinterpretation of the facts. To quote:

<quote>
E-mails typically promote PENNY SHARESn the hope of convincing people
to buy into a company to raise its price.

People who respond to the "pump and dump" scam can lose 8% of their
investment in two days.
</quote>

The stock markets themselves are not manipulated by SPAM. The market is
perfectly efficient over the long term. The only effect SPAM has is the
short-term ability to separate fools who respond to SPAM and buy penny
stocks from their money. A few days later the scammers sell their
shares in the thinly traded penny stocks and the market price returns
to normal.

Funny how you like to talk about stocks, investors, analysts, stock
buy-back programs and everything else. My guess is that you've never
owned a single share of stock in your life. But hey, don't let the fact
that you have zero investing experience stop you from being the
arm-chair expert.