Re: COLA Stats 5 Nov 2006

On Sat, 04 Nov 2006 21:21:44 -0500, DFS wrote:

> B Gruff wrote:
>> On Sunday 05 November 2006 00:13 Roy Culley wrote:
>>
>>> Toplist of Posters
>>>
>>>  Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes
>>> Quoted
>>>    1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     203  198981
>>> 15%
>>
>> Now that's interesting Roy - gee, look at all those posts by Roy S.
>>
>> - now wonder that Quirky Flattie and DFS call him a spammer, eh?
>
> Never have I done that.  What I have called him is what he is: a liar.

Someone who sends thousands of mostly one way, unsolicited messages which
for the most part don't promote discussion, ask for help, offer help and
many of which are off topic, is a spammer.

The only reason Roy has ANY replies to his mostly boring messages is
because you, I, wjbell and Erik point out his errors and it starts a war.

If we ignored him, virtually the only replies he would get would be from
the gang that couldn't shoot straight ie:Mark Kent, William Poaster and
Roy Culley.

The fact is Roy S is boring. Look at his webpage for goodness sacks.
He even has his eating habits down to a micro science.

Poaster is even more boring and Culley is a sour old man.

Flatfish could post a message about sending the kids off to school in the
AM and it would get more replies than just about any of Roy S's daily
drivel.

> You missed the best stat of all: replies per post, ie cola's rulers.
>
> Top 20 Posters      posts  replies replies/post
> ------------------- ------ ------- ------------------------
> Erik Funkenbusch     67     95     1.42    very impressive!
> Oliver Wong          81     88     1.09    good job
> flatfish             126    135    1.07    right on
> DFS                  114    122    1.07    still up there
> Hadron Quark         187    187    1.00    kickin' butt
> ---------------------------------------
> Who's yer Daddy, cola?!  Look up ^^^

That is correct.

Roy's posts get ignored for the most part because they are boring and
obviously they are not having the effect (eliminating the 'trolls')
that Roy and company intended because us so called trolls are generating
more replies and discussion than Roy is even though his quantity of posts
is much higher.

Proof that a majority of people have Roy's posts killfiled so all they are
really doing in reality is clogging up real advocacy.

 ---------------------------------------
> Kelsey Bjarnason     70     68     0.97    pedantic bore/boor
> ---------------------------------------
> Roy Culley           53     47     0.89    is he still alive?
> Jamie Hart           52     43     0.83    good guy
> Tim Smith            58     47     0.81    stalwart
> ---------------------------------------
> Peter Kohlmann       67     52     0.78    uh duh
> yttrx                66     51     0.77    screamin' moron
> billwg               47     35     0.74    mops floor w/ cola
> spike1               43     30     0.70    Rex-supporter
> ---------------------------------------
> Linonut              100    67     0.67    good guy
> chrisv               49     31     0.63    extreme dullard
> ed                   64     33     0.52    uh duh
> Ghost                88     44     0.50    belongs higher up
> Rick                 50     23     0.46    dullard
> Roy Schestowitz      203    93     0.46    liar
> Mark Kent            107    48     0.45    dullard

That's pretty good...