Re: ODF Alliance on MS Document Compatability

begin  risky.vbs
	<20061104205523.4b48b5fd@ed-desktop>,
	ed <ed@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> On Sat, 04 Nov 2006 20:46:25 +0000
>
>> __/ [ Roy Culley ] on Saturday 04 November 2006 19:21 \__
>>
>> > begin  risky.vbs
>> > <20061104160336.1fb3e549@ed-desktop>,

>> > Nah, TeX is the way to go. Professional typesetting and convertable
>> > to next to any output format you could wish. MS can only dream about
>> > SW as bug-free as TeX. :-)
>>
>> That's what you get for paying your folks $2.56 to spot mistakes...
>> even if they are merely typos and the checks just go in a frame under
>> thick glass...
>>
>> Knuth: let's talk about bugs.
>>
>> Open Source: we have Bugzilla. Share your needs and wishes. We're here
>> you /you/.
>>
>> Microsoft: [send bug report] [don't send]; then gather some statistics
>> and see if it's financially wise to even bother with the bugs (think
>> IE5/6 Swiss cheese).
>
> that rule is not limited to ie, think office, explorer.

It is worse than that. Windows is insecure by design. Even bug free it
would be open to exploits. Open = exec, Files executable based on
filename extension. Of course MS just made it worse by making the
browser an integral part of the OS. To make matters worse MS don't
give a toss about security except when it gives them bad publicity.

--
Security is one of those funny things.  You can talk about being "more"
secure, but there's no such thing.  A vulnerability is a vulnerability, and