[News] Might Microsoft Attempt to Turn Cummunity Against Itself?

Will Microsoft-Novell Pact Split Linux?

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft-Novell Linux pact will replace Microsoft-Linux feud with
| new open source rivalries.
|
| PlayStation versus Xbox. Intel versus AMD. We can now scratch
| Microsoft versus open source from the long list of industry feuds
| after the Redmond, Washington-based software giant announced a tie-up
| with Linux distributor Novell Thursday. Now, however, industry experts
| say the move could result in the open-source software industry splitting
| into new camps.
`----

http://www.redherring.com/Article.aspx?a=19555&hed=Linux+Industry+Split%3f

Also in the news:

Historic Microsoft, Novell Pact Aimed To Boost SUSE Linux Business

,----[ Quote ]
| Perhaps most surprising is Microsoft's commitment to distribute
| 70,000 coupons for SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 subscriptions to its
| customers that want to use Linux in Windows environments. As part
| of the deal, Microsoft and Novell also pledged to align their sales
| and marketing engines to promote use of Windows and SUSE Linux
| together.
`----

Historic Microsoft, Novell Pact Aimed To Boost SUSE Linux Business

Will Novell/Microsoft deal hurt Linux in devices?

,----[ Quote ]