Re: [News] Apple DRMs Its Kernel

__/ [ Rick ] on Saturday 04 November 2006 11:20 \__

<http://weblog.infoworld.com/enterprisemac/archives/2006/08/apples_os_x_x86.html>

> <http://www.apple.com/opensource/>
>
> <http://lists.apple.com/archives/darwin-dev/2006/Aug/msg00067.html>
>
> ... you were saying ... ?

All very true, but why won't they let it run more freely. They clearly
disclose the intentions of the code, but don't let it run loosely. They use
some "do what the f* you want"-licensed code after all...

To say more, I wrote something about this a short while ago. It's mainly
about restricting the choice of hardware.

http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2006/11/04/apple-kernel/