[News] Linux More Secure Than Windows (Another Take)

Security on the open source road

,----[ Quote ]
| The cleanest program was XMMS, a Unix-based multimedia application.
| It had only six bugs in its 116,899 lines of code, or 0.51 bugs per
| thousand lines of code. Overall, the average defect density of all
| the programs was 0.43 bugs per thousand lines of code. The most
| widely used programs scored well under this average. The Linux
| kernel code had an average of 0.33 bugs per thousand lines of code.
| And Apache had 0.25 bugs per thousand lines of code
`----

http://www.computerweekly.com/Feeds/RS/Articles/2006/11/07/219613/Security+on+the+open+source+road.htm

Related:

Trend Micro CTO hints that Trend will Open Source Code

,----[ Quote ]
| In a stunning revelation in Trend Micro: Open source is more secure,
| Trend CTO Raimund Genes hints that Trend may release their code as
| an open source project!
`----

http://blogs.technet.com/security/archive/2006/06/14/435960.aspx

Security Report: Windows vs Linux