[News] Another Peculiar Gates Acquisition

Gates to generate your electricity

,----[ Quote ]
| His personal investment vehicle -? a nice drive if you can afford
| it -- Cascade Investments is today expected to partner with New
| Mexico-based PNM Resources on electricity generation and trading.

He has already got the media in his hands...

Bill Gates lends cash to buy newspapers

$350 million to MediaNews

,----[ Quote ]
| Gates involvement has been very behind the scenes. In fact many of
| those involved in the deal didn'teven know he was one of the investors.
| It was carried out through the Gates Foundation, the world's largest
| philanthropy outfit.

Also today, Oracle eliminates possible rivalry.

Oracle to buy Stellent

,----[ Quote ]