Re: Another Great Vista Feature Revealed!

__/ [ Richard Rasker ] on Wednesday 01 November 2006 21:49 \__

> Op Wed, 01 Nov 2006 12:46:50 -0800, schreef Roy Schestowitz:
>
>> Richard Rasker wrote:
>>> Well people, the long wait is almost over! Here's what the world has been
>>> holding its breath for the past five years, this is what it's all about:
>
> [snip just boxes]
>
>> Parables are fun.
>>
>> You can put a pig in a dress and take it out for dinner.
>>
>> But it's still just a pig in a dress, not a girlfriend.
>
> Well, it may an awfully good looking pig. But it'll bleed just like the
> rest of the hogs.
>
>> The moral of the story: people can wrap whatever undesirable product
>> they have to add some illusionary added value. At the pace, Windows
>> Vienna (if not superseded by an immature rev of Singularity) will come
>> in a space shuttle and deliver a 60-second mandatory startup sound.
>>
>> The weak-minded will fall victim to the shallow layer of lipstick. But
>> they only insult their own intelligence. Reminds me of bonbon boxes
>> whose weight comprises primarily of the packaging material. That's also
>> where the production cost lies. And people are willing to pay for tha
>> packaging, whether it can be sustituted by terms (features) such as
>> "DRM" and "WGA" or whatnot.
>
> Puts me in mind of this old Chinese(?) saying, "When you see the lights in
> the eyes of a beautiful girl, beware; for it may be the sun shining in
> through the back of her head."

No WinFS; no SOA; no brain either??? One more bites the dust.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Windows_Vista

Best wishes,

Unisys: open source software set to have a similar impact as the Internet
  8:05pm  up 15 days  6:19,  7 users,  load average: 0.66, 0.93, 1.03