Re: [News] 21 Videos to Celebrate Windows' Woeful 21st Anniversary

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Mon, 20 Nov 2006 15:17:40 +0000
<7163863.NWU36byBra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Relive the Magic Microsoft Moments
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Today is the Windows OS's 21st anniversary. On 20 November 1985, Windows
> | 1.0 was released. Since then, Microsoft has come a long way and so, let
> | us relive this wonderful history in 21 videos.
> `----
>
> http://abcdefu.wordpress.com/2006/11/20/relive-the-magic-microsoft-moments/

Great.  Bill Gates getting shot (South Park?) is the leadoff?

The second one apparently was a bit of a fluff, where Bill Gates looks
for things making fun of himself.  (Pamela Anderson??  What would his
wife say about that?)

The third has Bill Gates trying to get something -- I think
it's something crashing in Media Center -- spliced onto
another show where it BSODs because the demonstrator's
out of RAM while customizing a car model.

The fourth one has Bill getting a pie.

The fifth one: "Voice Recognition".  Apparently voice
recognition is not yet one of Microsoft's strong points.
The intent was to say "Dear Mom" and instead he got "Dear
aunt, let's set so double the killer delete select all"
(after several edit attempts).  At least Clippy assisting
with the suicide note is a parody...but this has to be very
embarrassing.

The sixth is a hypothetical iPod powered by Windows.
You can probably guess the rest.

The seventh is the famous Win98 product demonstration
on CNN.  Oops.

The eight is just weird...somebody with an ear for music
generates a video using nothing but Microsoft alert sounds,
presumably in Win98.

The ninth has an individual firing a gun at his monitor;
the monitor sparks.

The tenth shows (supposedly) Windows in 1986, with a
Steve-Ballmer lookalike.

#19 is a "Microsoft Propaganda film", which among other
things reprises the pie incident, shows a bunch of Win98
boxes filing by and with music generally reminiscent of
old Nazi or Russian films, which pretty much Godwinizes
this entire subthread. :-)

Why #21 has a picture of a naked man is less than clear, but I'm not
going to view it....

Bizarre, these last 21 years.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Windows Vista.  It'll Fix Everything(tm).