[News] Step-by-step Installation (with Screenshots/Photos) of Gentoo and FC5 on Playstation 3

The easy way:

Ps3 Hacking News. : PS3 Fedora-Core Guide.

,----[ Quote ]
| I have followed a couple of guides across the net for installing
| Fedora-Core (linux distro) on your PS3. The fact that this will
| give you firefox2, Vlc Player and possibly emulators alone makes
| this a very attractive option.
`----

http://www.ps3hacks.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=51&mode=&order=0&thold=0
http://tinyurl.com/sk5zy

The hardcore way:

Gentoo Linux installation procedure (for PS3)

,----[ Quote ]
| When i went to bed yesterday, i left the system compiling.  now it is
| time to resume getting gentoo running...
`----

http://whitesanjuro.googlepages.com/

I can't imagine anyone choosing not to install Linux on the Playstation 3.
It's free and it has a lot to offer. Therein you may have tens of millions
of Linux boxes.